By Charles Edge, Visit Amazon's Chris Barker Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Chris Barker, , William Barker, Ehren Schwiebert
This ebook is meant if you have to get issues performed with Mac OS X Server 10.6. As such, you should use this e-book methods. these new to Mac OS X Server can learn immediately during the whole ebook, and through the top may still suppose useful to manage any Mac server thrown their means. For people with a few wisdom of Mac OS X Server, or even a thorough wisdom of alternative Unix-based servers, the ebook is prepared through initiatives that you should both commence examining at any element, skipping fabric you realize, or decide and select the chapters you’ll locate such a lot necessary for your personal paintings or method wishes. This task-oriented technique additionally makes the ebook worthwhile as a common reference for all features of Mac OS X Server.
Throughout the publication, certain emphasis is given to the recent good points of the newest unlock, Mac OS X Server 10.6, a.k.a. Server Snow Leopard. for example, you’ll how one can combine an iPhone with Mac OS X Server utilizing the hot cellular entry gains, or tips to set up an SSL certificates within the internet carrier, Apache.
- Task-oriented method of server management makes it effortless to discover and achieve what must get performed
- Thorough topic insurance together with workflows for Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server GUI-level good points, command-line positive factors, and possible choices
- Features introductory fabric for brand spanking new directors, emphasis on new positive aspects for upgrading to Snow Leopard Server, and extra complex fabric for skilled IT and company directors who are looking to get the main out of Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server
What you’ll learn
- The key positive factors of Mac OS X Server, together with new providers equivalent to cellular entry for iPhone integration and deal with e-book Server
- The most productive method of fit your operating variety, together with GUI and command-line choices
- When to name on third-party items the place no Apple items can be found
- Integration options for a variety of community and server configurations
- How to allow each one required carrier and all in their companies from begin to end
Who this booklet is for
This e-book is for directors attracted to an entire path on Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard, together with first-time Mac OS X Server admins, admins upgrading from older types, and skilled Unix or Mac admins who are looking to grasp all points of Apple’s server software program.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to OS X Server
- Setting Up a Server in half-hour or much less
- Getting Deeper into dossier Sharing
- Managing listing companies
- Controlling community site visitors
- Centralizing community prone
- Configuring community companies for safety
- Managing shopper desktops with NetBoot, NetInstall, and NetRestore
- Configuring handle publication Server
- Working with iCal Server
- iChat Server
- Setting Up Mail companies
- Setting Up providers for cellular units
- Web Servers
- Managing MySQL utilizing Podcast manufacturer
- Streaming QuickTime Video
- Sharing documents
- Setting Up Printing providers
- Backing Up Your facts
- Configuring software program replace Server
Read Online or Download Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration PDF
Similar client-server systems books
The RFID box advisor is a entire resource of useful suggestion fordesigning and deploying RFID structures in a number of industries andapplications. It good points real-life examples, case reviews and frameworks thatdemonstrate tips on how to effectively set up RFID ideas. furthermore toconcisely explaining the basics of the expertise, Moradpour andBhuptani rigorously examine RFID's features, chances and businessadvantages, and describe a approach for comparing the prices and merits ofRFID initiatives.
Home windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed is the main accomplished and sensible consultant to making plans, layout, prototyping, implementation, migration, management, and aid. in line with the authors’ unsurpassed adventure operating with home windows Server 2008 R2 in view that its earliest alpha releases, it bargains necessary suggestions drawn from hundreds and hundreds of construction environments.
Totally up-to-date to mirror significant advancements and Configuration adjustments in Samba-3. zero. eleven via three. zero. 20+! You’ve deployed Samba: Now get the main out of it with today’s definitive advisor to maximizing Samba functionality, balance, reliability, and gear on your creation atmosphere. Direct from participants of the Samba workforce, The professional Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference advisor, moment variation, deals the main systematic and authoritative assurance of Samba’s complicated gains and services.
The total consultant to development Cloud-Based companies Cloud local pass indicates builders the best way to construct substantial cloud functions that meet the insatiable calls for of today’s shoppers, and may dynamically scale to deal with almost any quantity of information, site visitors, or clients. Kevin Hoffman and Dan Nemeth describe the trendy cloud-native software intimately, illuminating components, disciplines, and conduct linked to fast, trustworthy cloud-native improvement.
- Windows Server 2008 : unleashed
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 Unleashed
- Windows Server 2003: best practices for enterprise deployments
- Inside Microsoft SharePoint 2010
Additional info for Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration
Changing Open Directory role Creating the Open Directory Master Select “Set up an Open Directory master,” and click Continue (Figure 2–19). If you see an error about single sign-on not working, it means there is still a problem with DNS, and you will want to consult the advanced DNS portion of this book before continuing. If you don’t have any DNS problems, you will prompted to create another user, the directory administrator (Figure 2–20). This account will be the one that can create and edit users in the Open Directory system.
Again, this is not essential right now, but making sure your server has accurate time will be a larger part of integrating it with other servers and doing advanced management of your desktops. After you have updated the services list, you will see the column on the left update to include AFP and Open Directory, both of which will have gray spheres next to them, indicating that the service is stopped (there should be a green one next to DNS). Click Open Directory, and the central pane will update to show you that the server is configured to a stand-alone directory.
Although Time Machine may be an adequate backup solution for OS X clients (which can then be backed up to the server), it is still not robust enough to trust backing up your server. CHAPTER 2: Setting Up a Server in 30 Minutes or Less Sanity Checking DNS When Server Admin launches for the first time, you connect to the server after completing the server setup, as shown in Figure 2–13; you can see that it also enabled the DNS service for you. That is because when the Setup Assistant did not detect a full DNS name for the server, it actually configured the DNS service to run with a small entry specific to the server.
Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration by Charles Edge, Visit Amazon's Chris Barker Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Chris Barker, , William Barker, Ehren Schwiebert
- Pope John Paul II - download pdf or read online
- New PDF release: Securing Windows Server 2003