By Philomena Dol
Maybrat is a Papuan language that is spoken within the crucial quarter of the Bird's Head Peninsula , Papua Province , Indonesia . although it truly is one of many higher neighborhood languages in Papua Province when it comes to numbers of audio system, a accomplished grammar in this language has hitherto now not been published.
This publication goals to offer an outline of the phonology, morphology and sy n tax of the Maybrat language because it is spoken by way of the folk of Ayawasi. preferably, this paintings can be utilized as a reference grammar: it offers information regarding crucial structural and typological elements of Maybrat. With this in brain, the grammar is stuffed with illustrative examples focused round contrasts in shape and which means, that are mentioned within the textual content.
Read or Download A Grammar of Maybrat: A Language of the Bird’s Head Peninsula, Papua Province, Indonesia PDF
Similar social sciences books
Nachhaltigkeit ist mehr als ein modisches Schlagwort. Nachhaltigkeit in der Bildung bedeutet ein tiefergehendes Lernen, das die Lernvoraussetzungen der Schüler und Schülerinnen nicht zerstört, sondern fördert. Eine gesellschaftswissenschaftliche examine des Verhältnisses von Mensch und Natur unter dem Kriterium der Nachhaltigkeit, erziehungswissenschaftliche Überlegungen und konkrete Unterrichtsbeispiele dokumentieren das Verständnis und die Methodik nachhaltigen Lernens in schulischen Bildungsprozessen und insbesondere den Fächern der politischen Bildung.
"Those people who've labored at the frontline of Aboriginal healthiness for any size of time recognize that underneath the skin fact of Aboriginal people's negative healthiness results sits a deeper fact. it truly is concerning the value of social and emotional wellness, and the way this flows from a feeling of keep watch over over one's personal existence.
Language: EnglishPages: 299Back of The BookSeveral books were written on international coverage of India, fairly of the Nehru interval. a few authors have additionally mentioned intimately the settling on components and basic ideas of this coverage. notwithstanding, few have emphasised predominance of the commercial issue as a determinant, which performs an important half in picking out overseas coverage not just of India yet of alternative nations in addition.
- Primitive Money
- Let's Call Him Vasu: With the Maoists in Chhattisgarh
- Free and Ennobled. Source Readings in the Development of Victorian Feminism
- Modellbildung und Simulation in den Sozialwissenschaften
- Inspired Philanthropy: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Giving Plan and Leaving a Legacy (Kim Klein's Chardon Press)
- Theatres. Planning Guidance for Design and Adaptation
Extra info for A Grammar of Maybrat: A Language of the Bird’s Head Peninsula, Papua Province, Indonesia
Wata] [w´»jo] /wata/ /wyo/ ‘fishtrap’ ‘quickly’ Similarly when a semivowel [j]/[w] instead of a vowel [i]/[u] is realised, the forms are rejected: (8) *[j´n]22 *[j´»ra] *[j´»sç] *[j´»sie] vs. vs. vs. vs. *[w´»mam] vs. [i:n] [»ira] [»iso] [»isie] /in/ /ira/ /iso/ /isie/ ‘earthquake’ ‘just now’ ‘track’ ‘sun’ [»umam] /umam/ ‘sweat’ Intervocalically, when within a morpheme [i]/[u] instead of a vowel [j]/[w] is realised, the forms are rejected, regardless of whether V1 and V2 are like vowels or not: (9) *[»aia] *[»toio] vs.
57) [t´sija 'ana á] /t-sia ana/ 1S-with 3P (tsiya ana) ‘I with them’ If forms ending in /t/ are uttered in isolation, or when they occur in sentence-final position, the pronunciation of /t/ may be postponed, so that it is heard later than expected. In such forms, there is a silence between the vowel and the word-final [t]: 39 [s´rAx»wata] behaves like a compound noun: the main stress is on the second member stress position, while the secondary stress is on the stressed syllable of the first member.
40 Reduction of a syllable /i/ or /u/ only occurs within morphemes. Examples are given below: (59) represents a word uttered in lento speech, and (60) represents the same word, uttered in allegro speech. (59) phonetic realisation CV-structure phoneme-structure (60) [»r C /r a V a ơ p C p u V u ơ syllable phonetic realisation CV-structure phoneme-structure 40 ơ syllable [»r C /r a V a ơ w C o ç V x/ x] C ơ p C p w V u ç V o x] C x/ The physical correlates of these prominence peaks can be defined as intensity, duration and amplitude.
A Grammar of Maybrat: A Language of the Bird’s Head Peninsula, Papua Province, Indonesia by Philomena Dol
- Contemporary Arts as Political Practice in Singapore - download pdf or read online
- Download e-book for iPad: Why Has Development Neglected Rural Women?. A Review of the by Nici Nelson